Girl With One Eye over at a Squirrel Amongst Lions was playing tag and she ran over and poked me. I'm it, so here's the questionaire that comes with being it along with my answers. Since I'm it now, I'm going to tag 2 more people randomly. CKHB and David. Hope you keep the game going....
1. What's the last thing you wrote? What's the first thing you wrote that you still have?
The last thing I wrote is part of my Work in Progress called Trueborn. It's had to undergo a lot of revisions as the story takes life. I'm hoping to have it finished in the next 4-5 months or so. The first thing I still have would be love poems regarding a girl in my highschool.
2. Write poetry?
See above answer: or YES
3. Angsty poetry?
I have a lot of dark poetry. I found that my writing helped me express myself during some down periods of my teenage life.
4. Favorite genre of writing?
I'm probably more of a Sci-Fi / Fantasy writer. I don't write about super Gung Ho themes in either, but rather, I try to blend reality into those genres by introducing "possible" things. Does that make sense? Probably not LOL.
5. Most annoying character you've ever created?
Annoying like pestering would be Serina. She's a young girl who was turned into a vampire and maintains a bit of her childish nature even though she is several hundred years old.
6. Best Plot you've ever created?
I REALLY love the plot to Trueborn, but it is very much on hold to talk about until I finish and start writing my query letter. Other than that, I have a really awesome plot involving a character dealing with the truth behind deja vu.
7. Coolest Plot twist you've ever created?
Can't tell you yet. You'll have to wait for Trueborn to hit the shelves!
8. How often do you get writer's block?
I can't really say. It comes and goes. Sometimes my ideas are flowing like a faucet and other times I feel like I'm a barren wasteland of thought.
9. Write fan fiction?
No. I'm not sure I could do that without feeling guilty.
10. Do you type or write by hand?
TYPE... My handwriting is wretched.
11. Do you save everything you write?
I try to save any significant amounts of work I produce. I use it to look back on and see how I've grown as a writer.
12. Do you ever go back to an idea after you've abandoned it?
I haven't done that per say, but I have a lot of ideas that I've put on hold till my current project is done. I have about 5 or so full story concepts that I'd love to write, but I am focusing on one at the moment.
13. What's your favorite thing you've ever written?
I began writing a fantasy series based on some role playing that I did in the game Vampire. My friends and I were role playing as vampires with powers and I jotted down info from the sessions then refined it into a 3rd person story. My character was an African American male stuck in the 70's (style-wise) named Spitts. It was a pretty funny story.
14. What's everyone else's favorite story that you've written?
So far, I've gotten more compliments about my current WIP (Trueborn)
15. Ever written romance or angsty teen drama?
No. I attempted to write some romance, but somehow it always comes out tooooo steamy, almost erotica. So, until I read more actual romance for some ideas, then I'll probably avoid it.
16. What's your favorite setting for your characters?
In one of my scenes from Trueborn, they main character and his companions have to breach a vampire coven that also doubles as a prison/torture system called H.Q.P. I thoroughly enjoyed the idea of the facility, based on how it functions.
17. How many writing projects are you working on right now?
I take Trueborn seriously, I fool around with other projects in the mean time
18. Have you ever won an award for your writing?
Not yet, but soon I hope :P
19. What are your five favorite words?
Chagrin, Languid, Lilac, Genesis, Dubious
20. What character have you created that is most like yourself?
A main character of Trueborn. His name is Vallen. He is an emotion driven, punch first ask questions later kinda guy
21. Where do you get ideas for your characters?
My characters aren't necessarily modeled after anyone, but more focused on personality types that I see in others.
22. Do you ever write based on your dreams?
I have written my own dream journal. I started writing down all my dreams and continued to do so until I had 100 dreams written down. I used LuLu self-publishing to print out a copy for myself that I called "Illusions of Grandeur: 100 Nights of Dreaming"
23. Do you favor happy endings?
That sounds like a dirty question?
24. Are you concerned with spelling and grammar as you write?
More grammer than spelling. Spell check saves my hide, but grammer is a little more dangerous and ultimately what I think and editor will love or hate me for.
25. Does music help you write?
Yes it does. Depending on the scene, I will play music that mimics my emotion behind that scene.
26. Quote something you've written. Whatever pops into your head.
Anger, love, pain and joy, express the way we feel,
but a fight, a wound, a kiss and tears of joy, those are what make us real.