Tuesday, December 8, 2009
So, I'm a mostly-native Phoenician here in Arizona and as most people imagine, it's SUNNY SUNNY SUNNY 24/7. The implication of that would be, I hate the sun... (Ok, hate is a strong word, maybe not hate, but definitely don't enjoy) I get the sun so much that I can easily say I'm sick of it. When we get a nice overcast day out here, I really pep up. I mean, it's like running into a long lost school mate that you used to be best friends with and haven't seen in years.
On to the point:
As I think about it, I imagine what my best conditions would be for writing. If it were up to me, it'd be something like this.
1. It would be overcast and or pouring rain.
2. I would be in my office which would have books from wall to wall around me
3. I'd have a Siberian Husky curled up next to my desk
4. I'd have no children within 800 yards of me
5. I would have breakfast, lunch and dinner served to me via butler or french maid! :P
I'm pretty sure that's my dream writing conditions. What would yours be?